RSS

Keep your medical record

From what Ive learned throughout the tests for my cancer, Ive found out that it is really important to keep whatever medical records that you have. From blood test to x rays, scans ..everything. Just keep everything so that it'll be easier and faster for the doctors to diagnose you.

Take me for example. I had an x-ray done on me 3 years ago that shows a cloudy area on my right lung. The doctor thought I had pneumonia but then being young and active, I ignore what the doctor said and keep on living my life till I got DVT.

When I was in the hospital for the DVT treatment, the doctor x-ray my lungs again and still the cloudy area shows up. Again, the doctor thought it's pneumonia but I told her that the area has always been cloudy since 3 years back.

Thank god that I've save the copy from the previous x-ray. Show it to her and without further ado, kickstart the numerous tests on me.

Just imagine what might if I had thrown away the x-ray film.

So people, keep your medical records as they will ease the diagnosis process for you.

Nighty night.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I het forever buang record Xray. takut pls.

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Lifibition All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes